Thursday, January 1, 2009

free falling

So, I'm trying to get to Ironforge from Stromwind. I thought I'd take the tram. When I go through the tram is closed or something. I'm still on my mount so I figure, okay, lets get off my mount. Still can't get in, but now I can run really really fast (epicland mount speed). A little weird. What happened next I expected. I got booted. Something funky with the server. So, I log back on and I'm no longer in storm wind at all. Instead I'm in Silithus somewhere where I've never seen, but I'm still getting city rest XP. hmmm. There was a werid edge to the land that looked like water or something. Oh, and there were random objects in the air, like chairs and stuff. So, I run to the water to see what happens then I fall of the edge of the screen and I
consequently die.


Then as a spirit I keep falling, and the sky looks like the outlands. It won't let me log out because I'm moving so I finally just shut down WoW altogether. Get back on and I'm dead in the graveyard outside of Stormwind. I was curious as to where my body would be, but it let me rez the second I walked into Stormwind.

Weird.

Have you ever dropped through a hole in the game? Happened once before in a BG for me, kind of bizarre.

4 comments:

Ryan Bangerter said...

You are now entering the Twilight Zone. Do do do do. Do do do do...

Bob said...

Welcome back from Europe!

Anonymous said...

I've fallen like that before which was odd. But not near as odd as taking the boat from Menethil to Auberdine only to find me and 3 other boat passengers dead in Ironforge. While still on the boat. Wish I still had those screenshots.

Bob said...

well, if the universe drops in ironforge you probably hit a few rocks on the way. Weird.