Thursday, February 26, 2009

Sad Gorillas, Happy Crabs

Wow, is there some crazy stuff coming out of the PTR. Some crazy crazy hunter pet stuff. As always, keep in mind that this is always subject to change at any given moment. If you don't like something that you hear then don't hold your breath, it will probably change in a day or two.

Okay so this came out on MMO Champion and I quote:
Thuderstomp (Gorilla) has been removed as a pet skill and replaced by Pummel - Pummel the target, interrupting spellcasting and preventing any spell in that school from being cast for 4 sec. (20 Focus, 5 yd range, Instant, 10 sec cooldown)

Thunderstomp is now a pet talent available to any Tenacity pet. Now your bears, crocs or ESPECIALLY CRABS can join in the AE tanking fun.

Savage Rend (Raptor) now temporarily boost the raptor's damage by 10% for 30 seconds.

Furious Howl(Wolf) now only affects the wolf and its master, duration increased from 10 to 20 seconds.
Wow, so all tenacity pets can have Thunderstomp! This is absolutely huge! (sad for the once popular tanking gorillas out there). But think of the possibilities....

crocadine, bearadine, wormadine, and my favorite (a said by stopableforce) bacondine. Oh, and all the other tenacity pets there too. Now you can actually have a viable tenacity pet that isn't a gorilla. I'll still hold on to Mungula for awhile, he's so cute and cuddle, but he does smell a little bad sometimes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Initially, I was sad...
I always wanted a gorilla and as soon as my Night Elf Hunter was high enough I went to Stranglethorn Vale and tamed a Mistvale gorilla. I love Thunderstomp at the time it was on a one minute CD. I did not care I loved my gorilla.

Although I'm sad that it's not a gorilla only feature part of me is happy since I imagine a few will abandon their gorilla. I for one will keep mine. I have a level 67 female orc. She picked up one of the black gorillas in STV and upgraded to Uhk'loc when she was in her low 60's.