Monday, December 8, 2008

Winter Break

So, while everybody is playing more and more I'm playing less and less. Do I like the game less than I use to? No. Does a father of 3 have time to do anything besides working and Christmas preparation at this time of year? No, not really. So, my toon is still at 73, and hasn't budged since I posted last. You have to have priorities right?

So, all of this talk about WoW addiction and it being evil makes me laugh.  You can do studies and show that anything is addictive. Heck reading books, watching TV, other video games, taking walks, running through sprinklers, giving dogs baths, eating old hard candies from nursing homes, etc etc could be labled addictive if you got carried away. So, what's the solution? Balance. I do admit I'm probably addicted, but its not effecting my life too much I don't think. I am able to stop playing when real life gets in the way. I mean really, my family and my job are more important and should come first. Do I always put them first? Well, no, but I'm a lot better than I was a year or two ago. I think my whole guild is going to hit 80 before I do, and that's fine. I'll get there sooner or later.

No comments: